Interlaken and Lucern visit in November (8-13)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 October 2016 at 10:14:48 #810189

Hello

I am Preeti and planning a trip to Switzerland in the month of November (8-13). The places in my list to visit are Interlaken () – peak of Jungfrau, titlis and Alps, Lucern. If I will have time will visit Bern and on return time will try to see Zurich as well. do you think I would be able to do this much in 5 days?

I am also planning to stay in Interlaken and visit all the places from their.Will it be a good idea?

Also, on top of that want to ask if Jungfrau and other mountain peeks will be open for travel during my travel time. Are the cable cars running. How’s is the weather generally during this time? (I checked on accuweather and predictions are partially sunny for the dates I am planning to visit). will it be worth coming this time of year, as I want t see mountain peeks.

Many thanks for your help | Preeti

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    5 October 2016 at 9:41:35 #856400

Hi Preeti, thanks for joining us!

November is low season, so not all cable cars will be running. Quite some shut down for a couple of months until winter season starts off, and the top attractions generally are inaccessible for a couple of days in November due to maintenance reasons, so you’d best carefully check opening dates. Links to timetables can be found through our attraction pages, e.g. Jungfraujoch and Titlis. You will be able to visit some of the prettiest mountain tops though, so no worries.

Weather wise there are no guarantees. Current forecasts for November are absolutely unreliable. Please study these pages:

Five days should be enough to get a good impression of the Alps. Interlaken as a base town will work, but note that traveling times to Lucerne and Titlis are pretty long. Dividing a couple of days between both Lucerne and Interlaken may be more attractive for your plans. Please consult the timetable to find out about traveling times. Bern can easily be visited as a day trip from Interlaken. And yes, spending a couple of hours in Zurich allow you to enjoy parts of the town. The links I inserted provide sightseeing tips.

Once your plans are pretty much set, you’d best look into rail passes as explained here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2016 at 21:46:57 #856401

Hi Annika

Thanks a bunch for the information and links. I will get back to you if have any further queries.

Many thanks for the valuable information

Preeti

• The thread ‘Interlaken and Lucern visit in November (8-13)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.