Interlaken - Lucerne - 3 day itinerary

Interlaken - Lucerne - 3 day itinerary

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
faizankarim
faizankarim
1 post
Jul 31, 2016 - 11:41 AM

Hello,

We (couple) will be arriving to Switzerland for 3 days (4 nights) (12-Sep-16 to 16-Sep-2016) from Paris in the evening for a short trip and then move towards Milan and are interested to do our own Jungfraujoch, Pilatus and Titlis excursions.

Can you please suggest a good itinerary and the places to stay. Whether we should stay in Interlaken or Lucerne is a better choice. Our budget for Hotel is around USD 150 per night.

Plus i have some more question which are listed below:

1. Which Swiss pass should we buy? and do i have to purchase 2 passes (one for each of us)? Should i buy it online?

2. How much time will it take for each excursion? will we be having some spare time to explore some other areas.

3. expected cost of each excursion?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Faizan

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Aug 1, 2016 - 8:29 AM in reply to faizankarim

Hi Faizan, thanks for joining us! Let's look into your questions:

0) Interlaken or a nearby town is better for the Jungfraujoch trip, Lucerne is closer to Pilatus and Titlis. So you may split your stay between both towns or make one or two longer day trips, whatever you prefer. Please find further information, including our hotel recommendations, through:

1) That depends on your exact itinerary. Once you have a detailed list of plans, you can start calculating the options using the guidelines at www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass. For now, I'd say it's worth considering a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass plus a regular ticket for either your inbound trip on September 12 or your outbound trip on September 16. Please find all details, including validity information and purchase options, through these links:

The Swiss Half Fare Card may work as well, but mind that you'll have to buy discounted tickets for all trips in that case: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard.

2) You'd best use our attraction pages: www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities. The "Getting there" tabs and the further information will give you a pretty good idea of how long each trip takes. This, of course, depends on the base town you're traveling from as well. The timetable allows you to find details on each trip: http://www.myswissalps .com/timetable

3) Please see the links on the "Price" tabs of the attraction pages I just mentioned. Mind that you'll often pay discounted fares or travel for free with your rail pass.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016