Interlaken Ost-Murren-Wengen-Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2012 at 5:21:10 #805287

Hi,
    I’m a bit confuse on how the tickets/pass works.

My Question: When we purchase the SBB ticket from Interlaken Ost-Murren say for a cost of 15 SwissFranc,
    can we stop at Launterbrunnen and Wengen at no cost. Or do we need to purchase again the ticket for each stop
    meaning
    Interlaken Ost-Murren-1 ticket
    Murren-Wengen-1 ticket
    Wengen-Lauterbrunnen-1 ticket

Another question, since Grindelwald is another route, this i have to purchase another SBB ticket correct?
    Do they have like a one day pass only?

Thanks
    rgds
    nasha

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    18 May 2012 at 11:28:38 #836191

Hello nahsa. You only need one ticket from Interlaken Ost to Mürren. You’re allowed to get out and board again at any point along the route, as long as you complete it within one day. And yes, you do have to purchase a separate ticket for your trip to Grindelwald. It’s easiest to buy your tickets for each trip at a railway station before boarding, either at one of the manned desks or from the ticketing machines. You may prefer a manned desk, as that allows you to explain where you’re heading and to show your rail pass (if you have any) to get the right amount of discount.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2012 at 12:41:14 #836192

Great!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2012 at 1:03:09 #836193

Hi,
    Need help again.
    I’m looking at the timetable http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/travel-information/tickets-fares/
    a) Is the ticket fare online is the same /cheaper then buying at the station?
    b) After checking few forum, i thought of making trip from Interlaken Ost to Lauterbrunnen and stop. Continue to Wengen and stop. Then go to Kleine Scheidegg and stop. Continue to Grindelwald and stop. Does the below ticket fits the plan?
    Kleine Scheidegg via Lauterbrunnen o. Grindelwald single 41.60 or round trip 72.20

Does the above route covers Schynige Platte and Murren as well?
    c) How about the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland. It mentioned that we can have 3 days of free travelling with a 7 day passes.
    If i buy that pass, will the above be totally free?

Thanks
    rgds
    nasha

Annika
    7103 posts
    22 May 2012 at 15:42:19 #836194

Hi nahsa. There’s no price difference between online and local purchase for the Jungfrau tickets, but shipping costs may be involved. A ticket Interlaken-Kleine Scheidegg through Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald is fine indeed. No, that doesn’t cover Schynige Platte and Mürren. You can use the map that can be downloaded from any of the rail pass pages or an online map such as maps.search.ch to find out where everything is located. Information on the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland can be found here. You can scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you’ll find links to overview maps.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2012 at 2:26:30 #836195

Anikka, Thank you very much 🙂

• The thread ‘Interlaken Ost-Murren-Wengen-Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.