Interlaken Ost to Jungfrau with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2016 at 15:35:57 #809273

I’m travelling on 15Jun from Interlaken OST to Jungfrau. We are family of 4 (45,45,18, & 12 years). We have Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days. I’m wondering for the journey Interlaken OST to Jungfrau, do I need to buy any additional ticket? Where I can buy? Do I have to reserve seats as well?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    21 May 2016 at 16:06:44 #852351

Hi jigneshmehta,

Yes, you need additional tickets between Wengen/Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch for the adults, including the 18 year old. The 12 year old will travel for free, assuming you ordered along the free Swiss Family Card with your Swiss Travel Pass. Tickets can be bought at the railway station before heading off. Seat reservations aren’t necessary. Please see our Jungraujoch and Swiss Travel Pass pages for further information.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2016 at 16:32:38 #852352

Can I just buy from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau? OR I have to buy from Wengen to Jungfrau?

Annika
    7115 posts
    21 May 2016 at 18:06:24 #852353

No, that would mean you don’t have a valid ticket for the Wengen/Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg leg, and you could be fined for that. Please buy a ticket like I explained; you can also see it on the downloadable map I referred to.

Please note that “buying a ticket from Wengen” does not mean you have to get off the train in Wengen and buy a ticket there. It means you need a ticket that’s valid from Wengen, and you can purchase it at any staffed station.

• The thread ‘Interlaken Ost to Jungfrau with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.