Interlaken to Basel – Eurail pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 2:27:36 #812023

Hi,

i have a Eurail 3 country select pass that covers Switzerland as well. If I am planning to take the train from Interlaken OST to Basel, I have a few questions:

1. Is the journey from interlaken ost to Basel covered in my Eurail Pass?

2. Do I have to make any reservation for this train journey?

3. Do I have to make any booking beforehand? Or can I just hop on the train and go?

4. what is the difference between Basel and Basel ebb? I have planning to take the TGV Lydia to Paris from Basel. Which station should I go to in Basel?

thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 10:04:38 #864142

Hi Mark,

1. Yes, you can see a map of what routes are covered by the Eurail Select Pass in Switzerland here.
    2. No reservations are needed on almost all Swiss trains
    3. Just hop on and go if you have your rail pass
    4. Basel ebb? Do you mean Basel SBB? This is the main train station in Basel and would be the train station you arrive at from Paris.

Cheers,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Interlaken to Basel – Eurail pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.