Interlaken to Berlin in Germany

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2015 at 4:10:41 #807049

Hi,I have bought a 4 days Swiss Flex +Half fare pass. And on 2/7, I planned to travel from Interlaken to Berlin . However, I would like to ask if I can get any discount for the direct ICE ticket using the Swiss pass. I tried on the SBB online ticket shop, but there is only choice for GA subscription or half fare travel card. Please advice.Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 April 2015 at 10:48:48 #842291

Hi chritwing,

You’d better not choose the GA option as it offers a discount in Germany, but the Swiss Travel Pass Flex does not. The Swiss Travel Pass Flex offers free traveling in Switzerland, so you don’t need a ticket for the Swiss leg of the trip. You just need it for the German leg, which I suppose would be Basel – Berlin.

The simplest way would have been to order it along with your pass. You already have the pass, but you can still order it separately. Since you live in Hong Kong, you can get a ticket from Interlaken to Berlin for Swiss Travel Pass holders through http://www.raileurope.hk. It includes a seat reservation for the whole trip and a discount because the Swiss leg is free. Or, you can just book the German leg on the SBB site (do not choose GA), or through the German railways at http://www.bahn.de.

I hope this was useful for you!

• The thread ‘Interlaken to Berlin in Germany’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.