Interlaken to Geneva by Golden Pass train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2016 at 16:14:16 #808670

Hi. Travelling in may …plan to take the 8 day travel card…should I take it in advance, or r there counters in the Zurich airport?.. I will be based in Interlaken… Plan to make a day trip to Geneva, and be back by night?…would it be possible to cover at least part of it by golden pass train? Is there a stop at Geneva?.. May not be able to go up to Montreux due to time constraints. How many days in advance should I book for the golden pass train, if u recommend it?thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 March 2016 at 16:41:40 #849595

Hi Premasudha,

The easiest way to buy your Swiss Travel Pass is online and print it at home. That way you won’t loose time on arrival and can immediately board your first train. Purchase options are listed here. I’d recommend to go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and select “Online Ticket” when delivery options are presented. Alternatively you can check the Indian site at http://www.raileurope.co.in/ pass/swiss-travel-pass-82.

Your other question has party been covered in your other thread. You can certainly do it via the Golden Pass line too. Take a train to Zweisimmen, then change to Montreux and finally change to Geneva. There’s nothing to book, you only need your Swiss Travel Pass. Please see myswissalps.com/ goldenpass.

• The thread ‘Interlaken to Geneva by Golden Pass train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.