Interlaken to Jungfrau in Nov14

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2014 at 12:08:06 #806688

Hi, I plan to visit Jungfrau in 3rd week of Nov14 with my family. Is train transport available from Interlaken throughout Nov14?

My kids will be interested to see snow. Will there be snow in Jungfrau at that time? I will be travelling from London to Paris and then to Interlaken thru Basel. Later, will go to Venice/Rome/Milan and I plan to buy Eurorail 4 countries pass. Should I still buy SwissPass or just buy local train tickets? I learnt Eurorail pass will get 25 % discount in the train to Jungfrau. Thanks for your time to advise me on these.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    13 October 2014 at 17:31:32 #841230

Welcome to MySwissAlps Thurag!

As for your questions: yes, you can visit the Jungfraujoch by train from Interlaken on November 14. All details on this trip can be found in the timetable. There will certainly be snow up there. Please check the page I linked to for more information about the Jungfraujoch.

If you have a Eurail Select Pass that includes Switzerland, it’s not necessary to buy an additional rail pass in most cases, as your Eurail Select Pass offers free or discounted traveling on quite some Swiss train routes. This does depend on your exact itinerary though; here‘s how to check if an extra rail pass would be worth it. The trip Interlaken-Jungfraujoch is 25% off indeed. Please find details, including a validity overview for Switzerland, at our Eurail Select Pass page.

I hope this answers your questions!

• The thread ‘Interlaken to Jungfrau in Nov14’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.