Interlaken to Thun by Cruise

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2015 at 12:11:18 #807428

Hi

I’m planning my trip from Interlaken West to Thun on a thursday in July and have bought a Swiss Travel Pass.

Having trouble putting an itinerary for Interlaken West to Thun by Cruise/Boat. I will need to catch a 4:01pm train from Thun to Montreux.

1. Can anyone help to advise what is the earliest time I can catch a cruise from Interlaken West to Thun? From my reading of the schedule (http://www.bls.ch/d/schifffah rt/fahrplan-brienz-sommer-15.pdf), it seem the first cruise departs Interlaken West at 11:03am.

2. Ideally, I will be bring my luggage on board and hoping to drop off for a few castle visit on the way to Thun. Is that possible and how do I go about it.

Thanks in advance

Roy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    21 June 2015 at 17:13:52 #843886

Hi Roy,

1. The schedule you’re referring to is for Lake Brienz. You need the one for Lake Thun: http://www.bls.ch/d/ schifffahrt/fahrplan-thun-sommer-15.pdf. Further information about the boats is here.

2. You can take the 11:10 AM boat from Interlaken West, get off in Spiez or Oberhofen for example, and take the next boat after an hour.

Have a wonderful day trip on the lake!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2015 at 1:27:08 #843887

Thanks heaps Annika for your help.

CheersRoy

• The thread ‘Interlaken to Thun by Cruise’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.