interlaken to venice?

interlaken to venice?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
karan6112
karan6112
1 post
Mar 10, 2015 - 11:40 AM

Hi, Please guide me as I am travelling first time to Europe.I live in India and I am planning a trip to Paris-Switzerland-Venice in early week of May and thinking of using Rail as the means of transport.One of my friend suggested me to buy a 2 country Euro Rail pass for France-Switzerland (as I am going to stay for a week in total there) and buy a single ticket for Switzerland(interlaken) to Venice as I am going to stay in venice for 1 day only.Please let me know if this will be best for my trip or else suggest me some other alternatives.

1. Is it worth to buy 4 country EuroRail Pass covering France,Switzerland and Italy (Please keep in mind my days of stay in the countries)

2. Can I buy rail ticket from Interlaken to Venice at the station itself (no advance purchase) as I am currently looking at RailEurope website and on a particular date trains for 13:11 time is not available but is available on sbb.ch website though I cant buy it in INR.

3. If in case any good coach service available to travel from Interlaken to Venice

Arno
Arno
7322 posts
expert &
Mar 11, 2015 - 7:16 AM

Hi karan6112,

1. A rail pass is worthwhile for countries where you travel a lot. With only a single trip Paris - Switzerland and Switzerland - Venice, for example, you do not need passes covering France and Italy. So you first need a detailed itinerary, including town to town transfers and day trips (feel free to post your plans here). Then choose your pass. This guide helps you choose if you are interested in getting the cheapest option. In most cases, a pass dedicated to Switzerland works better than a Eurail Pass. Please see here for all passes, and be sure to download the maps of passes you're interested in so that you can see what's included.

2. You can, but I do not recommend that. Most trains to neighboring countries require seat reservations, and may be fully booked if you buy that late. Just purchase a ticket online along with your rail pass. The same applies for France to Switzerland.

3. Trains are the best choice. There are no long distance bus lines in Switzerland.

Last modified on Mar 11, 2015 - 7:17 AM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016