Is Eurail Global pass valid for Jungfrau train?

Is Eurail Global pass valid for Jungfrau train?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Manish
Manish
1 post
Sep 25, 2014 - 12:21 AM

Hi,

I and couple of my friends are planning to take the train ride to Jungfrau from Interlaken Ost on 30th September 2014. We have Eurail Global pass with 3 month validity. I wanted to know that whether the 25% discount offered is a good deal or buying the Swiss half rate card is more beneficial? We will be in Switzerland for just 4 days so will not be travelling much. Also we are studying in Belgium so do they have some discounts for students?

Thanks

Annika
Annika
4424 posts
expert &
Sep 25, 2014 - 6:27 AM

Hi Manish,

Thanks for joining our community! Since you already have a Eurail Global Pass and don't plan to travel a lot, buying another pass is most probably not worth it. You can calculate by listing your trips and doing the math as explained here, but personally I would not even bother and just use the Eurail Pass. See here for what's included. Indeed you will get 25% off Jungfrau Railways tickets.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016