Is 6-day itinerary Genève- Lugano- Flims possible?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2016 at 17:04:50 #809949

Hi

I have 6 days in Switzerland and planing to buy a 4days Swiss travel pass and do the following:

day 1

arrive late afternoon to geneve

day 2

get Swiss travel pass and go to Lugano via domodossola and spend afternoon in Lugano

day 3

go,to Flims via St. Moritz

day 4

hiking to II Spir viewing platform

day 5

Go,to,boat lake Luzern and take boat from Flüelen to Brunnen,and then take Golden pass train back to Geneve

day 6

spend the morning at Geneve and travel,back home in the afternoon

Is this itinerary possible or not?

regards

bashnaini

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 August 2016 at 9:27:36 #855390

Hi bashnaini,

I can’t comment on day 4, but I guess it’s possible unless you travel in winter. As for the rest of your plans: it’s a lot of traveling, but if you are ok with that it’s no problem. In any case, it possible to do all of this.

I’d recommend to not wait until day 2 to buy your Swiss Travel Pass. You can save time and print it at home with the desired start date on it. That way you don’t have to queue at the station. Please see myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price for the options. It takes 1-3 business days to receive the pass via e-mail, so be sure to order in time.

Have a good trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2016 at 9:38:39 #855391

Hi Arno

Thanks for your comments.

I am traveling on September .

What is special on day 2 that makes you unable to comment?

thanks again.

regards.

bashnaini

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 August 2016 at 9:59:36 #855392

Hi bashnaini,

It’s day 4 I can’t comment on since I have not been to that area. But, in September all trails should be accessible.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    24 August 2016 at 1:57:38 #855393

Hi Bashnaini-

You have set up an itinerary that is all traveling, and little or no exploration of the various locations noted. Since many people come to Switzerland just to ride the trains, you may well be among them.

Just so you recognize that.

You can check the details of th e travel with the timetable:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

I too cannot comment on day 4.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Is 6-day itinerary Genève- Lugano- Flims possible?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.