Is Swiss Card better or Swiss Half price Pass

• makbyv
    Participant
    2 posts
    19 May 2014 at 10:50:06 #806368

My Travelling started on the first day from Zurich Airport to Lausanne for work. Some days later, I’m planning to travel from Lausanne to Locarno for a short holiday. Finally, on the final day, I’ll travel from Locarno back to Zurich Airport.

Questions:

1) Swiss Card do cover the journey from Zurich Airport to Lausanne and from Locarno back to Zurich Airport?

2) From Zurich Airport, I need to take a train to Lausanne and then a bus to the hotel. Do the Swiss Card cover the this?

3) What is the cost of train fare from Lausanne to Locarno using Swiss Card? Is it half price? (Lausanne to Brig to Domodossola and finally to Locarno is the fastest by train?). Do I require to reserve the train seat in advance in June?

Regards

Vinc

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    19 May 2014 at 17:41:12 #839970

Hello Vinc,

1) Yes it does. The map of what’s covered is available for download here.

2) I think the city bus is free as well, but I’ll look into that and get back to you.

3) You would pay half the fare as listed in the timetable. Note that the timetable lists half fares by default. The common routes are via Lucerne (full price CHF 103) or via Brig – Domodossola (full price CHF 84). You don’t need reservations.

All further Swiss Card details are on http://www.myswissalps.com/swisscard.

Annika
    7103 posts
    20 May 2014 at 9:28:30 #839971

Hi Vinc,

I have checked regarding the city bus: it is not free on the first and last free travel day, so you need a regular ticket on your way to the hotel. The hotel will provide you with a Lausanne Transcard Card, so you’ll enjoy free traveling in town from that point on.

• The thread ‘Is Swiss Card better or Swiss Half price Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.