Is Swiss Pass good for Short trips?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2011 at 13:52:42 #804705

Hi !!

I am planning a 3 day trip for my parents who are coming to Zurich for an extended weekend.
    My plan is as follows:

1. Friday – Lucerne, the Golden round trip and some sight seeing. Then back to Zurich
    2. Saturday – Zurich to Interlaken. City tour and a visit up to Junfraujoch. Mostly we would be heading back to Zurich.
    3. Sunday – Interlaken to Lucerne in the scenic train ride. From lucerne proceed to Mt Titlis then back to Zurich

Would the Swiss 3 day Flexi pass be a better option than the Half card?

Looking forward to your help 🙂

Thanks in advance,
    Priya

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    20 September 2011 at 11:59:42 #834218

Hello Priya. Both the 3 day Swiss Flexi Pass and the Swiss Half Fare Card would work out well for your plans. The Swiss Half Fare Card may turn out to be a bit cheaper overall. But the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass offers the advantage of free traveling in trains, buses and boats, so you won’t have to buy (discounted) tickets for those trips. So in terms of comfort, the 3 day Swiss Flexi Pass may be preferable. If you want, you can calculate exactly which pass will be cheaper, following the guideluines in our FAQ.

I hope this helps you decide!

• The thread ‘Is Swiss Pass good for Short trips?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.