Itenary and passes Paris-Zermatt-Interlaken-Paris

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2016 at 19:49:04 #808372

Kindly advise me itenary and which pass to buy from 12 May 2016 to 21 May 2016. for our group of 15 adults and 5 childrens . I have booked hotels as follows.

Also which pass to take, France Swiss 11 days pass , or Swiss 8 days pass with TGV tickets seperately

12 May – Paris airport to Geneva by tgv onto Zermatt , overnight in Zermatt

13 May Zermatt

14 May Zermatt

15 May Zermatt

16 May Zermatt to Interlaken.

17 May Interlaken

18 May Interlaken

19 May Interlaken

20 May Interlaken

21 May Interlaken to Paris airport for return flight

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 February 2016 at 9:52:41 #848184

Hi nitinzabak,

Welcome back! If I recall correctly you went to Switzerland a couple of years ago. Good to see you’re going back.

For the adults, Swiss Travel Passes could make sense. The children (up to 15 years old) get a Swiss Family Card and that allows them to travel for free. The pass allows unlimited traveling without tickets (apart from cable cars), so that’s very convenient with such a large group. Whether this is the only option for you depends on what you’re going to do while in Zermatt and Interlaken. Please see:

Additionally you need tickets from Paris to Zermatt and Interlaken to Paris. I was looking at Swiss Transfer Tickets for the Swiss leg of those trips. But actually 15-day Swiss Travel Passes are cheaper than 8-day Swiss Travel Passes + Swiss Transfer Tickets. So if you choose the Swiss Travel Pass, you only need tickets from Paris to the border. The border stations are Basel, Vallorbe or Geneva, depending on which train you take. Usually the route via Geneva takes the most time if traveling to Zermatt, so if you have no reason for that detour I would avoid that. Interlaken to Paris is definitely via Basel.

Tickets from Paris to the Swiss border are cheapest when booked 3 months in advance. So you can book your incoming trip on February 12 and the outgoing trip on February 21.

Purchase options for the Swiss Travel Passes and the tickets from/to Paris can be found here:

Please fill out your country of residence in your account page. It helps us to give you the best rail pass related links.

Did this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2016 at 10:17:57 #848185

You are right .i and my wife had been to swiss. Now we are going for family reunion tour. thanks for info. I am going for swiss 15 days pass.

Also I am getting tgv fare of 80 Euro for group now .should I book it or wait till 12 Feb as you said.

give me some adventures option from Interlaken.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 February 2016 at 10:46:28 #848186

It will be nice to show the Swiss Alps to your family! € 80 for the whole group of 20 people? Or per person? Where did you find that price?

For Interlaken, please see myswissalps.com/ interlaken/ activities. We plan to add more activities within a couple of weeks. If you’re looking for something specific, please let uw know.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2016 at 10:51:27 #848187

80euro per person from Paris to Geneva tgv .rates given by local swiss TICKETS booking agency.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 February 2016 at 11:13:26 #848188

Hi nitinzabak,

You don’t need a travel agency for train tickets and passes. You can book them online through the above links. I found tickets for half that price or even less through http://www.raileurope.co.in/ train/tgv-lyria, and that’s even without the additional discount because of the promotion. So I would simply book online. Note that you need tickets to Basel, not Geneva. The route via Geneva takes longer and might be slightly more expensive too. You only need tickets to Basel, and the rest of the trip to Zermatt is covered by the Swiss Travel Passes. Likewise on the way back from Interlaken.

• The thread ‘Itenary and passes Paris-Zermatt-Interlaken-Paris’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.