Itinerary for 6 days in Beatenberg/Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2017 at 12:40:00 #812663

Hello Experts,

This is my first post in the forum. I have 6 days in Switzerland, I am staying in Beatenberg and also bought 4 days swiss pass 25th July to 28th July. I am looking for your advice on the places I can visit in these days.

I am reaching Beatenberg on 23rd July afternoon.

24th July: Nothing plannned yet

25th July: Booked Glacier Express till chur.

26th July: Jungfrau

27th July: Lucerne golden tour.

28th July: Nothing Planned but would love to visit Matterhorn, if possible.

29th July: I will drive back. On the way will visit Rhine falls.

Please let me know what else can be planned on 24th, 25th July and 28th July.

Thanks, Gaurav

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2017 at 15:26:54 #867038

Hi Gmittal and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Have a look at our activity pages for the Interlaken area and Jungfrau region to help you with what you can do in the area. Perhaps you would like to enjoy a lake cruise on Lake Brienz or Lake Thun on July 24?

July 25 – Where are you getting on the Glacier Express? You mention you want to visit the Matterhorn on July 28 which is in Zermatt (the start of the Glacier Express). Are you planning on two trips to Zermatt? Or getting on the Glacier Express somewhere else?
    Please note: If you do travel the entire Glacier Express route and start and end the day in Beatenberg you won’t have time for anything else!

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2017 at 17:45:12 #867039

Hi Lucas,

Thanks much for your reply.

We have booked Glacier Express from Brig to Chur.

Also we are planning to take a boat trip in Lucerne. Does it worth to have boat trip in Lake Thun?

How about Niederhorn?

Thanks, Gaurav

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2017 at 7:53:08 #867040

Hi Gmittal,

Ok, it is still a long day from Interlaken to Brig to Chur and back to Interlaken – just be prepared!

Both Lake Thun and Lake Lucerne boat cruises are nice. I don’t think you need to do both though especially as you are only in the country for 5/6 days.

I haven’t been to Niederhorn/Beatenberg before but I think it is a nice option and easy to get to on one of your days (instead of Lake Thun for example if you already go on Lake Lucerne).

Lucas

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 July 2017 at 12:38:45 #867041

Hi Gaurav,

The Niederhorn offers wonderful views of the Bernese Alps and Lake Thun, provided that the weather is good. Also there are various hiking trails down the mountain, like this 3 hour trail to Waldegg.

• The thread ‘Itinerary for 6 days in Beatenberg/Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.