Itinerary advice – Switzerland in June for 4 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2018 at 9:04:27 #814580

Hello,

my family and I will be going for our first trip to swiss this June 2018. We’re planning to buy the Swiss Travel pass for 4 days since we’ll be there for that amount of time. We plan to stay 2 nights in Lucerne and 1 night in Zermatt.

On day 1 (18th June), the tickets can’t be bought yet but we plan to arrive in Lucerne in the evening.

Q1) Do you think we can go for boat trip lucerne that evening? when is the last boat in June?

Q2) We’re only staying for 2 nights in lucerne, so either Rigi, Pilatus and Titlis which one is most recommended to go for?

Q3) On day 2, we plan to go either Stanserhorn or Schilthorn, again, which one would u recommend going? I dont think we can do both because on day 2 we plan to go to interlaken area and also maybe some jungfrau region like grindelwald and lauterbrunnen.

Q4) is it recommended to combine interlaken area and jungrau region in one day? Plan to go on the Golden Pass line from lucerne to interlaken and then the jungrau region. does that sound reasonable?

We are kinda tight with time, hence we can only choose some attractions. On day 3 we will be going to Zermatt to stay a night there before heading back home.

Q5) From Lucerne to Zermatt, do we just take normal trains? is the view along the way scenic or is there any other recommendation?

Q6) are there any type of attractions that is considered a must do in Zermatt? or a best place to take photo with the matterhorn?

Q7) Since we will do quite a lot of travelling, is there any smartphone app that can be downloaded to check the times for trains, buses or just public transport in general?

thank you in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2018 at 16:59:43 #877559

Hi ameera20,

1. The last departure from Luzern is 19:12 (returning at 21:47). You can find the timetable on our Lake Luzern boat page.
    2. I think Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus are the most popular. Pilatus is a bit quicker trip from Luzern if that makes a difference to you. Be sure to use the Swiss railways timetable to plan all your train, bus, boat, cable car trips.
    3. If you are already planning on going to Interlaken and the Jungfrau region than go for Schilthorn – it is close by.
    4. You can go to Interlaken and go into the Jungfrau region in one day yes. Interlaken is in the Jungfrau Region. However you won’t have time to see much on one day only.
    5. Why not stay in Interlaken or nearby if your next trip is to Zermatt? Shorten your trip a lot!
    6. Yes, I’d go to either the Gornergrat or Klein Matterhorn when in Zermatt – excellent views of the Matterhorn.
    7. Yes, SBB has a smartphone App that is excellent. There is a list of handy websites on our site here.

You certainly have a lot of travel. Based on your ideas I might switch to Interlaken for 2 nights instead of Lucerne. If you want a boat tour try Lake Thun. For mountain trips you can look at Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, Brienzer Rothorn or Schynige Platte among others.

• The thread ‘Itinerary advice – Switzerland in June for 4 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.