itinerary advice need 2 weeks in switzerland

• imnew
    Participant
    4 posts
    6 April 2015 at 3:28:41 #807048

hi everyone. my first time to switzerland starting April 18 for 2 weeks.

love beautiful scenery and some easy/moderate hiking.

need advice on itinerary:

1. plan to stay at interlaken in the last week of april to visit Jungfrau and some hiking around wengen, Lauterbrunnen.

2. for the first week I hope to visit greener and wildflower places with easy/moderate hiking trails. any suggestions on where to choose as base? I wanted to visit St. Moritz but seems that the region is snow-covered still. I am now pondering on Geneva Lake area, possible based at Montreux/vevey where seems to have hiking possibility nearby.

also on web says it is possible to travel from Geneva to Montreux on boat. Is it a scenic ride or better by train. Is the boat ride covered by swiss travel pass?

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks a lot,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    7 April 2015 at 9:31:01 #842289

Hi imnew,

You’re nickname suggests you’re new here, so welcome to MySwissAlps!

Please take into account that trails from Wengen upwards will be covered in snow, so not accessible. The tourist office can offer accurate information. Lauterbrunnen is no problem.

As for greener places, you can best pick a lower situated lake area, like Lake Thun, Lake Lucerne or Lake Geneva like you suggested. All the boat rides are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass, please see here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2015 at 5:30:23 #842290

imnew, what you might like to do also, is to go to Lausanne and then go a couple of stations by train (towards Vevey but can’t remember the name of the station) From there you can do one of the most scenic walks that I’ve ever done.Through the Lauveau vine yards on a nice easy track, with Lake Geneva below you. Lots of beautiful coffee places to take a break too. You can walk as far as you like, then take a ferry or train back to Lausanne or on to Vevey or Montreaux. Choose a nice sunny day though.

• The thread ‘itinerary advice need 2 weeks in switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.