6 days Switzerland, based in Waldegg – Beatenberg

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2016 at 20:25:37 #809198

Hi,

I and my Husband are travelling to Switzerland in the month of June -July( 27th June to 2 July). First time we are coming to this beautiful place.

We have booked an accommodation in Waldegg, Beatenberg. as one single base so we don’t want to waste time in packing stuff and moving from one place to other

We are not adventurous and we would like to know from you guys the best itinerary that can be possible for us for this short trip.

We are going to buy Swiss rail pass for 8 days as we don’ t have an option for 6 days and we are flexible to move from one part to other and see that area and back in the evening even if the place is far.

Also in the Swiss rail pass there are many lakes and museum visit as free but as we don’t have time, please also suggest which we should go and are best of all.

We both are vegetarian and will prepare our food itself in the apartment, which is the best local grocery shop nearby where we can get vegetables and other stuff.

Thanks in advance 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    15 May 2016 at 11:26:35 #852025

Welcome to MySwissAlps Guish!

I am not sure if Waldegg is such an ideal place for your plans. I suppose you have booked hotel Eiger, Beausite or Regina? They’re both close to the bus stop. It takes a 20 minute ride to Interlaken West, where you change to a train. It seems like you want to do long trips, so the extra hour of daily traveling time might be too much (bus ride up and down + changing trains). I don’t know of a shop in Waldegg, so you would need to shop in Interlaken (plenty of shops there, e.g. Migros near the West station), then take your groceries up to Waldegg by bus.

Please see the “What to do” section in the main menu for suggested activities. I’d recommend to also include a few days of local activities. There is plenty to see nearby. Please see myswissalps.com/ berneseoberland/ activities.

The 8-day Swiss Travel Pass can be printed at home. Please see here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2016 at 17:19:12 #852026

Thanks Arno for the response.

Yes our apartment is close to Hotel Regina Busstop(3 mins by walk).The reason we have to book this one is onle because of the Kitchen,Interlaken apartments were already booked till the time we made booking.

How cold will be the weather that time of year means what type of clothes we should bring?

Also is it feasible to go on Glacier Express for some part of journey from this location?

Thank you so for providing useful information through the forums.

Arno
    15478 posts
    16 May 2016 at 12:17:20 #852027

Hi Guish,

The weather should be sunny, nice and warm. But there’s no guarantee. It can be chilly with rain as well. Thinner clothing should work as you can wear multiple layers if needed. That applies both to bad weather as to visiting high peaks, which will of course be colder.

The Glacier Express page describes a partial trip from and to Interlaken.

• The thread ‘6 days Switzerland, based in Waldegg – Beatenberg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.