Itinerary for 6 nights Lucerne, Interlaken, Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2016 at 18:36:03 #810038

Hi all,

We are a couple travelling to Switzerland from Hyderabad,India. I have planned my itinerary as follows:

26th Sep: Flight lands in Zurich at 7am.

Proceed to Lucerne. Check into the hotel and do site seeing of Lucerne

27th Sep: Mt.Titlis

28th Sep: Go to Interlaken. check into hotel.

29th Sep: Visit Jungfraujoch

30th Sep: Go to Zurich .check into hotel. Maybe site seeing of Zurich

1st Oct : day trip to Rhine falls

2nd Oct: flight back home.

Can you suggest what can we do in Interlaken. Go to bern or some lake cruise.

Planning to take 8day Swiss pass. we are a couple travelling for the first time to Europe, I think we will not find any difficulty in boarding the correct train..just a bit tensed.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2016 at 0:20:08 #855727

Hi Hima, I just returned from a 9 day trip based on my experience, I would skip rhine falls, rather spend an extra day either in interlaken or Lucerne if you have not booked your hotels already. You can do a lot in Lucerne (for e.g., Mt. Titlis/Rigi) or in Interlaken taking a trip to Schilthorn or boat trip to Brienz or Thun. Please read attractions in Lucerne and Interlaken in myswissalps.com, you get lot more information and decide yourself as what you like most. I will be posting my trip report as well with all details in a day or two.

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 September 2016 at 6:07:44 #855728

Hi Hima99,

Chandra gave you some very good tips! In addition I’d like to suggest that you can print your Swiss Travel Pass at home in order to save time upon arrival. You’ll be able to board your train to Lucerne right away instead of waiting for a ticket office. Be sure to order no later than about a week in advance. All options are listed here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2016 at 6:10:04 #855729

Thanks chandraks and Arno

• The thread ‘Itinerary for 6 nights Lucerne, Interlaken, Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.