Feedback on 6 day itinerary for April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 September 2016 at 19:59:21 #810110

Hello, my wife and I arriving Geneva on April/26. We both love nature and scinery, I prepared a itinerary for our 6 night stay in Switzerland, I will appreciate any feedback as is this itinerary do able and if not any suggestions,

day 1 : arrive Geneva in the morning, sightseeing the remaining

day 2: take golden pass train to Montreux ( any suggestions what to see) then continue to Grindalewald stay two nights

day 3: jungfraujoch, then take boat to lake Brienz.

day 4: visit Giessbach and mount Titlis

Day 5: continue to locerne stay two nights, take aborts pen express and cable car to Ebenslp

day 6: visit Lake Constance, Rhine river, Rhine falls

continur tran to Zurich for overnight stay,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 September 2016 at 7:44:06 #856019

Hi edkurkurkian,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Apart from the fact that most of the activities are weather dependent, your plans seem fine to me. Although the Giessbach is on Lake Brienz, so combing these trips in one day makes more sense than going there twice. Note the limited boat timetable in April.

I don’t understand day 5. I think there are some spelling errors there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2016 at 20:39:56 #856020

Hi Arno,

thank you for your respond and suggestion as to combine Giessbach and Lake Brienz in one day trip, I will do that, day 5: there were a lot of miss spelling I apologize, what I meant is

day 1 : arrive Geneva in the morning, sightseeing the remaining

day 2: take golden pass train to Montreux ( any suggestions what to see) then continue to Grindalewald stay two nights

day 3: jungfraujoch, then take boat to lake Brienz.

day 4: visit Giessbach and mount Titlis

Day 5: continue to Lucerne stay two nights, take Worapen_ express and cable car to Ebenalp

day 6: visit Lake Constance, Rhine river, Rhine falls

continue train to Zurich for overnight stay,

given my vacation is in Late April (unfortunately I cant change the date), and most of the activities are weather dependent, is it doable? any alternative itinerary?

again thank you all for any suggestions

Arno
    15483 posts
    19 September 2016 at 14:25:14 #856021

Hi edkurkurkian,

Tips for things to do in Montreux are on the Montreux page. There is no Golden Pass train from Geneva to Montreux by the way, but you can take it from Montreux to Interlaken and then switch to Grindelwald. The train on day 5 is called the Voralpen-Express (Pre-Alps Express).

This will work in late April, but you will have to check the timetable, particularly for your boat options and Ebenalp. As for the weather: you just have to be lucky 🙂 That rule applies all year round.

• The thread ‘Feedback on 6 day itinerary for April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.