Itinerary help – 7 days in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2012 at 7:00:44 #805351

I am going to Switzerland in a week and I need help with itinerary. I am staying in Iterlaken for 5 nights and than one night in Zurich with a friend. I built an itinerary in the Iterlaken area including two days for mountain trips – a day for Jungfraujoch and a day for First and Grindelwald. But I have been checking the weather and it has been rainy for the past week and the forecast looks gloomy as well. So I’m wondering what can I do on the two days i planned to visit the mountains if the weather is as bad as they predict. Here is what I had planned:

Day 1- arrive in Zurich in the morning. Train to iterlaken with a stop in Bern to see the city.
    Day 2 -Aareschlucht, Reichenbach Falls, Rosenlaui Gletscherschlucht, Gissebach Falls and Brienz.
    Day 3-Jungfraujoch , Lauterbrunnen valley and Trümmelbach Falls
    Day 4 – Thun, maybe Schloss Oberhofen, lake Oeschinensee, lake Blausee
    Day 5 – First , Grindelwald and a trail on Shynige platte
    Day 6 – Travel to Zurich with a stop in Lucern t tour the city.
    Day 7 – Zurich and Rhein falls

thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    11 June 2012 at 7:33:09 #836369

Hello estiew2002, and welcome to MySwissAlps! I think your planning is a bit too optimistic for some days. You won’t manage to visit all desitinations on day 2 and day 4 for example. Did you check the timetable to study traveling times? Some bad weather alternatives are already listed on day 2 and 3 of your current itinerary: the Aareschlucht, the Reichenbach Falls, the Rosenlaui gorge and the Trümmelbach falls. The Beatus caves near Interlaken are another example. So I think you should make a more relaxed and flexible schedule with the aid of the timetable, and keep the bad weather plans I mentioned as alternatives for rainy days. Just check forecasts every evening and morning. Weather (adnt thus forecasts) can change rapidly and I’ve often found that days that were predicted to be wet and gloomy, turned out to be not that bad at all. I do hope you’ll have a great time in Switzerland!

• The thread ‘Itinerary help – 7 days in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.