Help regarding 3 day itinerary from Basel

Help regarding 3 day itinerary from Basel

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
maciejjacek
maciejjacek
9 posts
Mar 29, 2016 - 7:43 PM

3 days Itinerary Help!

Hi. Me and my husband are planning to have another short break to switzerland and this time Basel as our point of entry. Pls help with itinerary. Weve been to zurich, lucern, zermatt so would prefer somewhere else to go. Thanks!

Arno
Arno
7726 posts
expert &
Mar 30, 2016 - 5:56 AM

Welcome back maciejjacek,

You can consider the Bernese Oberland/Jungfrau region, the Lake Geneva region and Graubünden. Please see the "Where to go" and "What to do" items in the top menu to get started. Also this page helps with creating a plan. The best itinerary depends on your interests, budget and travel dates, so it's best to first create a plan and then get back here for feedback.

I moved your thread from the Trip Reports forum to the Miscellaneous forum. The Trip Reports forum is to report back about completed trips, so feel free to post there after your trip!

glacier
glacier
7 posts
Mar 30, 2016 - 11:53 AM

hello,

If you have 3 days and you have not been to the Jungfrau region, I would do as Arno suggested and go to Jungfraujoch by train - expensive but worth it. depending on where you are coming from the train trip from Lucerne through to Interlaken and onto the Jungfrau region is also quite beautiful. If you like the mountains you could stay in the Jungfrau region and do Schilthorn, Grindelwald First, and perhaps the Trummelbach falls - assuming they are open. Just my opinion based on what I have done on 3 past visits to Switzerland.

Glacier

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2657 posts
expert
Mar 30, 2016 - 10:13 PM in reply to maciejjacek

Hi Maciejjacek -

When are you going to Switzerland? It can make a difference in the Jungfrau region, in particular.

Slowoke

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016