Itinerary input on Gstaad, Interlaken, Lucerne?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2015 at 13:06:33 #807613

I if you have any tips, suggestions, please let me know. I have enclosed questions below.I am willing to modify sequence in which I will visit Gstaad, Interlaken and Lucerne area if it makes more sense..

day 1 : Munich->Schaffhausen (from here i guess swiss travel pass kicks in if i get one, is this the nearest station in Switzerland from Munich?)->Zurich->Gstaad Night stay in gstaad (any recommended place to stay in Gstaad?)

day 2 : Roam around Gstaad and Saanen, visit Bollywood locations Night stay in Gstaad (Any tips, how to travel in these places, detail plan if anybody has one is welcome) ( question: how much time it takes to look around Gstaad and Saanen, will it be better to go to Interlaken for night stay, that way luggage can be left at hotel when leaving for Jungfraujoch next day?)

day 3 : Leave for Jungfraujoch (eat at bollywood restaurant 🙂 – is it expensive?), (what can be done with luggage?) Night stay in Interlaken after returning from Jungfraujoch (any recommended place to stay in interlaken?)

day 4: Roam around Interlaken, take it easy —any recommended places to visit nearby? night stay same place in Interlaken

day 5: visit mt. pilatus or mt. titlis – whats the recommendation? or any other recommend place? after visiting Jungfraujoch, do we need to visit another mountain? Night stay at Lucerne (eat in indian restaurant :), any recommendation for restaurant?)

day 6: go to Zurich, if have time roam around Zurich and catch flight back to US

For above itinerary, is swiss pass recommended? how many days’ swiss pass? is half fare card recommended along with swiss pass?As per above, I will be staying in Gstaad, Interlaken and Lucerne. Are there any closer places near these places where hotel accomodations will be cheaper? for eg. I believe Meggen near Lucerne will be cheaper to stay in. Any suggestions welcome.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 July 2015 at 18:35:53 #844669

Hi jbhawtan, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would be glad to help, however note that the answer to many of your questions depend on your personal interests. My suggestion is to visit our pages about Gstaad, Interlaken and Lucerne and check for activities that interest you. All mountains, including the way you reach them, are different. You can find many details about them through the mentioned pages. It’s up to you whether you find one visit sufficient or if you prefer to see more.

The pages also have hotel suggestions, including budget hotels. If you need more help with that, please share your exact travel dates per town, number of travelers and budget per night.

You will need either an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass or a Swiss Half Fare Card, not both. Please see the links to find out how the passes work, where to buy them, etc. The Swiss Travel Pass is the more convenient one as you don’t need to buy tickets for all of your trips. Whether a Swiss Half Fare Card is cheaper can be calculated as explained here.

More useful tips can be found on myswissalps.com/ plantrip/ doityourself.

Hopefully this gets you started!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2015 at 18:47:38 #844670

Thanks Annika for your guidance.

• The thread ‘Itinerary input on Gstaad, Interlaken, Lucerne?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.