Itinerary & pass advice Interlaken and Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2016 at 7:45:31 #809499

I’m traveling to Switzerland from 2nd July to 8th July with my wife and 2 years old son. Below is my planned itinerary, will appreciate your advice for improvement & pass suggestion. I’m planning to take 8 days Swiss Travel Pass. Do I need to buy pass in advance or I can buy it from Geneva train station?

2nd July: Will arrive at 11.30 am @ Geneva from Paris. Planned to do some sightseeing in Geneva & Lake Geneva boat cruise. Stay overnight at Geneva.

3rd July: Will depart early morning for Interlaken. Planned to do Boat cruise to Spiez. Some sightseeing around Spiez & return back to Interlaken by train.

4th July: Schilthorn from Interlaken. Planned to take this route… Interlaken Ost-Lauterbrunnen-Stechelberg-Schilthorn-Murren-Grutschalp- Interlaken. Will like to do some downhill hiking, please advice some hiking tip for this route.

5th July: Will need to travel to Lucerne in the afternoon. So still not decided on what to do? There are few options like Grindweld & Mannlichen or Brienz or may be just explore Interlaken. Please advice what can be the best option for half day.

6th & 7th July: Mount Titlis & Mount Rigi… Depending on weather will decide. Do I need to book in advance for Mount Titlis or we can buy tickets after reaching station?

8th July: Will leave for Zurich airport from Lucerne..

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    22 June 2016 at 8:34:15 #853325

Hi kpthakkar,

You itinerary looks fine. The only “issue” is that you have limited time, so whether you can visit the mountains depends on the weather. But it seems like you are aware of that. I hope it will be fine!

More tips:

• July 4: you can walk from Mürren to Grütschalp.
    • July 5: there is not much to see in Interlaken, so you can skip that. Further tips are on our Bernese Oberland and Lucerne pages.
    • July 6/7: there is no need to book this in advance, but you can if you want to: myswissalps.com/titlis /tickets.

You don’t need to buy your Swiss Travel Pass in advance, but you will save time if you buy it online. You can print it at home for the same price. That way, you can start with your sightseeing right away instead of spending time at a ticket office in Geneva. Plus, you will always have a copy of your pass with the print at home option, in case you loose or damage it. You can visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 3 business days. Further purchase options can be found here.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Itinerary & pass advice Interlaken and Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.