Itinerary suggestion- 4 or 5 days , mid Sep /Oct?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    31 August 2015 at 6:08:51 #845686

Hi saurabh,

I know it’s hard to decide, but I think you’ve been given a lot of options by now for day 2. There’s not necessarily a “best” choice, and it depends on your own preferences. The boat trip over Lake Brienz during your trip from Zurich towards Interlaken would be a good choice, and there’s a whole range of mountain top visits you could do in the afternoon (see my previous post). But again, you’d best check the attraction pages and see what appeals to you personally.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2015 at 8:32:14 #845687

Saurabh I hadn’t picked up on Arno’s link (26/8, 5.11pm) which gives another option of a hike from Gruetschalp to Muerren instead of taking the train all the way (Gruetschalp is where you head from Lauterbrunnen at the start of your day 3 excursion). This may be an option as you were considering a hike at one point. The link explains that you can also pick up the train half way (if it is a bit too much with a toddler for example). It might be something to consider, especially if are not planning to fit in a visit to Schilthorn on the same day (the same post by Arno linked to getting to Schilthorn as well).

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The thread ‘Itinerary suggestion- 4 or 5 days , mid Sep /Oct?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.