Itinerary to visit Switzerland in May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 November 2015 at 11:05:24 #808130

Hi all, pl help me to plan my family visit to Zurich, Lucerne & Interlaken in the month of May and cover the places in four days. Pl let me know what will the best itinerary to move around , traveling through train or bus and where to stay . I am from India. Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 November 2015 at 11:56:14 #847003

Hi spramanik8, welcome to MySwissAlps!

We need more details from you to provide useful tips. For example: what are your interests, why did you pick these towns, how many travelers, etc. A good page to start planning is this one.

As for accommodation: please see the “Where to sleep” section in the main menu. If you need more help, you can best post a new thread in the accommodation forum once your itinerary is fixed, and include information asked for here.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    16 November 2015 at 22:18:39 #847004

Hi Spramanik8 –

Please also add the city you will leave from, and, if known, the time of day you will arrive in Zürich and the time of day you will depart.

That helps with route/where to stay suggestions.

Thanks,

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 November 2015 at 16:33:29 #847005

Hi, thanks for your reply. We r three want to visit Switzerland in the month of May 2016 for four days. Cities we choose is from from usual travel site. If you can suggest other cities or place, it will be helpful to me to plan. I am traveling first time in Switzerland. Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 November 2015 at 16:35:33 #847006

Hi, we ( my family) in total 3 will be reaching around 2nd week of May 2016 from Mumbai, India. We want stay 4 days in Switzerland covering Zurich, Interlaken & Lucerne (Mt Titlis & jungfrau). If Zermatt is nearby, then we can extend our by one day. Pl guide

Regards

Soumyadip

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 November 2015 at 18:47:20 #847007

Hi Soumyadip,

I’ll assume you have a flight to Zurich and also leave from there. Since you only have 4 days I would recommend to skip Zurich itself and go straight to Lucerne, which is closer to the mountains. If you arrive early in the day you may want to visit the town center of Zurich for a few hours before going to Lucerne. See myswissalps.com/lucern e for tips. You can easily stay 4 days here as there is plenty to see. Alternatively you could stay 2 days and spend the other 2 days near Interlaken/Jungfrau region or in Zermatt. Not both, as there’s not enough time for that. If you can extend to 5 days I would definitely recommend that.

For traveling I’d recommend public transport: basically trains, and some boats, buses and cable cars. A 4-day Swiss Travel Pass makes sense, but there are more options. You first need an itinerary before deciding on the rail pass.

The links should get you started. I hope this was useful!

• The thread ‘Itinerary to visit Switzerland in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.