Itinery suggestions for bad weather in Interlaken

Itinery suggestions for bad weather in Interlaken

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
chandraks
chandraks
97 posts
Aug 23, 2016 - 3:21 AM

Hi Arno/Annika/Slowpoke, When I am checking the weather 27th to 31st for interlaken, almost every day rain forecast, I am concerned now. Any suggestions if it is going to rain from 27th to 31st at interlaken ? I am planning on going to Jungfraujoch,Schilthorn, boat ride in lake Thun etc. I would really appreciate as how I should plan if there is rain forecast. Even if there is rain forecast, will it rain whole day usually ? I will be in lucerne from 31st to 4th, same forecast there as well. After planning and spending so much if it is all wet forecast, I would be very disappointed. I just want to have some kind of backup plan and would like to most of it during rain. I thought end of Aug and early September weather would be good. Thanks, Chandra

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Aug 23, 2016 - 10:16 AM in reply to chandraks

Hi Chandra,

Please read this page: www.myswissalps.com/ weather/forecast. There's really no way to predict the weather so many days in advance. Currently they expect sunny and hot weather until Sunday, but you'd better check 2 days ahead of time, and then again the prior evening to finalize your plans. Just adapt to the weather and I'm sure you'll have a good time!

Please see the Interlaken and Lucerne pages for backup plans.

chandraks
chandraks
97 posts
Aug 24, 2016 - 3:23 AM in reply to Arno

Thank you Arno again ! Feeling much better after your reply and after reading the pages

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016