Jungfrau Pass and/or Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2016 at 3:53:55 #808738

There’s some great info on passes, but I couldn’t find the exact answer I was looking for.

We are flying into Zurich in May. We’ll be spending 2 days in Lucerne, 5 days in Grindelwald, 2 days in Montreux, then on to France. After adding up all the various trains rides, gondolas, boats, etc, it looks like it’s cheapest way is to just get the Half Fare Card. The Jungfrau Pass (with the Half Fare) is slightly more, and the Berner Oberland pass (with the Half Fare) is slightly more than that. My thinking is that it is worth it to pay a little more for the Jungfrau or BO pass, just so we don’t have to buy individual tickets, and we can make extra trips without having to think about the cost.

My main question is, do we need to buy any of the above passes before we get there, or can they all be purchased in Switzerland? And if so, where? Interlaken? Any major rail station?

• The thread ‘Jungfrau Pass and/or Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.