Jungfrau tickets-with STP and Family Card (kids)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2017 at 15:35:39 #811174

Hi Everyone,

I have looked at this blog and it had been very helpful to my family for booking our Swiss Trip for 3days. However, the could see that mostly the recommendation had been to take STP for 2 adults so that for 2 kids the Family Card would do good.

For Jungfrau, when I select the tickets from Grindelwand-Junfrau-Wenegen ticket, it gives me an automated fare of 91.50 CHF which carries on even for Kids, However, there is option to select for Family Card Kids. Can you please let me know if the automated option of Half-fare travel card would be applied for kids as well?

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    25 March 2017 at 16:36:02 #860436

Hi vikki, welcome to MySwissAlps!

First of all, there’s no need to book your Jungfraujoch tickets in advance. You’d better do so at the spot (at the railway stations of Interlaken, Grindelwald or Wengen) before leaving. The advantage is that you can wait and see if weather is good enough to actually get up. When buying your tickets you can show your Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Family Card. You’ll need 25% discounted tickets for the adults between Grindelwald/Wengen and Jungfraujoch, and no tickets at all for your children. The Swiss Family Card fully covers their ride.

I’m not sure where you’re looking for tickets/prices, but probably it’s the SBB website. It’s not primarily geared to tourists, and the Half-Fare Travelcard you’ve mentioned is a product for Swiss residents. It’s not relevant in your case.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2017 at 16:22:02 #860437

Thanks a lot Annika for letting me know that there are no tickets for children to Jungfraujoch.

It would be great if you can please help me out in planning or suggesting my itinerary for 3 days in Switzerland. I would be reaching to Zurich around 10am on the 1st day and am planning to visit to Jungraujoch on the same day via Grindelwald and return via Wengen to Luzern.

Day 2: Planning to visit Mount Pilatus and Mount Titlis from Luzern. Would there be any thing else in Luzern I can visit after 6pm on the same day or anything within that day.

Day 3: Planning to visit Zermatt from Luzern and Zermatt to Geneva and visit any local places(Please suggest). Finally flyback to London in the late evening around 8pm.

Please suggest me on any better plans or places to visit in those 3 days. Also, what could be the best things to buy and store them as a remembrance of my visit from all these places.

Thanks in advance and it has been wonderful visiting this blog evertime to make myself clear on things Hope you all success in this good support.

Warm Regards.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 6:17:03 #860438

Hi Vikki,

Your itinerary looks ok, but I must say a bit busy……

1. Day 1: You won’t be arriving at Jungfraujoch until at least 3pm or so and you’ve got about a 4 hour trip back to Luzern that night after you spend a few hours on the mountain.
      I would instead go straight to Luzern and maybe visit one mountain (Mt. Titlis or Pilatus) that day.
    2. Day 2: Visit Jungfraujoch if the weather looks good. If not, look here for a list of activities in and around Luzern.
    3. Luzern to Zermatt is 3 hours and then the train to Geneva is about 4 hours. This isn’t a lot of time to spend in Zermatt, assuming you need to be at Geneva airport by 6pm.

There are just my thoughts on your itinerary. Perhaps you are ok with the schedule or you may want to cut out Zermatt, for example, and replace with a visit to Montreux (on the way to Geneva).

To help with your planning use the Swiss Railways timetable here for train schedules.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2017 at 15:24:48 #860439

Thanks a lot Lucas for your valuable suggestions. I have changed my plan accordingly.

Also, I would like few suggestions regarding the climate. I have checked that the climate between 4-6 April is bit rainy with little showers, will it be fine to Visit Mount Titlis in that case. From Lucerne which station should I select for Engelberg. Will it be Talstation Titlis station? I am not sure on where would I get cable car to Titlis. Should I take a bus between travel from Lucerne-Engelberg or will it be to STAND which is an other place suggested.

Please let me know if Zentralbahn train is covered under the Swiss Travel Pass as it does say on Mount Titlis website to take this train.

Day 1: Planning to Mount Titlis from Licerne

Day 2: Firstly Mount Pilatus and then to Mt. Jungfrau (if climate is bad may be rainy do you think its work making the visit). Pls suggest best visits in Lucerne. Would be grateful.

Day 3: Visit to Montreux (chillon Castle) and then to Geneva. Is there anything to visit in Lausanne.

As suggested, the climate is rapidly changing. So, very difficult to plan 🙂

But your blog had made it hassle -free and the best suggestions and have recommended to lots of other friends. Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2017 at 17:02:35 #860440

Hi Vikki,

I think the main concern is clouds for the mountain trip – they will obscure your view so maybe make the decision on the day of your trip.

From Luzern you take a train to Engelberg and then the cable car to Titlis (see more details here). The train is included on your Swiss Travel Pass but you must buy a ticket for the cable car (50% off with your STP). You can also search the route on the SBB timetable here. Just enter Luzern and Mt.Titlis (it defaults to Engelberg, Talstation Titlis which is what you want).

Here are our list of activities in Luzern. The Swiss Transport Museum stands out to me as a great rainy day option.

I think on Day 3 I wouldn’t think about Lausanne. If you are already planning on trying to see Montreuxand Geneva already!

Lucas

• The thread ‘Jungfrau tickets-with STP and Family Card (kids)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.