Jungfrau Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass?

• yldleung
    Participant
    6 posts
    25 July 2017 at 13:35:42 #812738

Hi,

would like to know with the Swiss Travel Pass, and the discount in train to Jungrau, is it still worth to purchase a Jungrau Travel Pass?

i will stay in Grindelwald for 2 nights, but properly can’t go up Jungfrau in the first day as I will arrive Grindelwald around 6pm .

Is it necessary to purchase the Jungfrau Travel Pass even travel around Grindelwald?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2017 at 16:24:07 #867360

Hi yldleung,

No, I don’t think that buying the Jungfrau Travel Pass, on top of your Swiss Travel Pass would offer any advantages for you on a 1.5 day trip. I assume you are basically there to just go up the Jungfraujoch on the 2nd day?

The Swiss Travel Pass gets your 25% off the trip from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch; while the Jungfrau Travel Pass covers the trip from Grindelwald to Eigergletscher and then gets you a 50% discount the rest of the way.

The Jungfrau Travel Pass is 180CHF approximately…and the savings don’t add up to that unless you are planning more trips in the area?

Lucas

yldleung
    Participant
    6 posts
    25 July 2017 at 16:48:01 #867361

Hi Lucas,

Thanks a lot for the reply!

i just notice even for the Jungrau Travel Pass won’t cover 100% to the top. So you are right, seems not justify for my case.

Again, thanks so much.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 July 2017 at 6:17:55 #867362

Oh and look into the Good Morning Pass when you go up to Jungfraujoch (if the weather is good and you can get up early that morning).

Lucas

yldleung
    Participant
    6 posts
    26 July 2017 at 7:56:15 #867363

Hi Lucas,

and the morning pass can be purchased on the spot that morning?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 July 2017 at 8:37:40 #867364

Yes, you have to travel up and down by certain times (noted here). You don’t have to pre-book if you don’t want to, but it is possible that the wait time won’t allow you to get on by 08:30 so reserving the night before might be a good idea.

I’m not sure if any members here have had issues of missing the Good Morning Ticket price because of long lines though?

Lucas

• The thread ‘Jungfrau Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.