jungfrau visit with a one year old in snow

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2014 at 9:31:54 #806314

Hi, we are in switzerland for next 5 days with a one year old. Teh weather forecast is not so good. However whatever I could find, I concluded that it will be best to go to Jungfrau on Saturday. The weather forecast is ‘Sunny with scattered snowshower’. Now I am not sure if this is a good weather to go up or remain indoors especially with a one year old. If we are not able to see anything due to the scattered snow and the Baby is freezing, I would rather stay indoors and send my husband to go to Jungfrau. All suggestions are welcome and Many thanks in advance…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    18 April 2014 at 8:15:12 #839768

Hi preaa,

You’d better check the webcams on the local TV channel and the weather forecast right before you go up. It can be beautiful up there if it’s a mix of clear moments and some snow, but with only snow fall you won’t see anything. There are several places at the Jungfraujoch to enjoy the view while staying indoors (the restaurants and the observatory for example), so you can choose to do so if it’s too cold. If it’s not too windy it shouldn’t be a problem to go out for a short while though.

Note that young children with medical issues (e.g. ear issues or breathing problems) should not be taken to altitudes like the Jungfraujoch. Healthy children should be fine for a short stay. More information is here.

Have a great day!

• The thread ‘jungfrau visit with a one year old in snow’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.