Jungfrau v/s Mt. Tiltis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2015 at 18:43:32 #807308

I am going on a three day Swiss trip in June. It is starting from Geneva and plan to spend a day there. On day 2 I would like to go on a mountain trip either to Mt Tiltis or Jungfrau. On day 3 I am planning to roam aroung either in Interlaken or Lucrene and make Bern as the base(Have to catch a train from bern on fourth day). Could any one suggest which one of these(Jungfrau or Tiltis) are more recommendable. As I am with parents I would like a relaxed holiday rather than hopping on ad off continuously. Can anyone suggest any 3 day internery?

Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 May 2015 at 23:22:05 #843497

<<“As I am with parents I would like a relaxed holiday rather than hopping on ad off continuously. Can anyone suggest any 3 day internery?”>>

That is not a very relaxed schedule, although you can do it.

One option that you might consider – Geneva -> Luzern (include a mountain excursion to Pilatus – it is impressive and close to Luzern) and explore Luzern.

The forum moderators sometimes recommend the Golden Pass route from Geneva to Luzern, via Lausanne, Montreux, Zweisimmen, Spiez, Brienz, the Brunnig Pass, to Luzern. It is very scenic and a wonderful ride. 5+1/2 hours.

If you are in hurry, you might look at Geneva- Bern – Luzern as an alternate routing. Less scenic. Faster.

2hrs 45 minutes to 3 hrs 10 minutes.

Here is a link to the Swiss Rail web site.

http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.htm l

Use the “via” box to alter the route. Use Zweisimmen for the Golden Pass, use Bern for the fast route. The computer automatically picks the fastest one if you leave the “via” box blank.

Opinions vary, but I find Luzern to be a better tourist destination than Geneva. Probably just my perspective, but the forum moderators routinely recommend Luzern and the Jungfrau area as the best places for a first trip to Switzerland.

Forgive my spelling – Luzern is the German spelling, and Luzern is in the German -speaking part of Switzerland. My habits control my typing fingers, frequently.

Your idea of Interlaken as the destination after Geneva as the second day is also very good. It would allow a shorter rail trip on the Golden Pass route, could include the Jungfrau if the weather is good, and still be close to Bern for your departure.

Either Luzern or Interlaken have good connections to Bern. Interlaken has more 1 hour or less connections, Luzern has some 1 hour connections and others at 1 hour and 1/2.

http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.htm l

Depending on what time you leave from Bern, you could stay in Luzern, Interlaken or Bern.

Either of the choices will give you a great trip.

Have fun.

Annika
    7121 posts
    29 May 2015 at 14:56:58 #843498

Hi NaviK!

From Geneva and to Bern, there’s no signifant difference in traveling time to/from either Lucerne or Interlaken. So for your itinerary, either one would work. You can best check the pages on the Titlis and Jungfraujoch to find out which of them appeals to you most. In clear weather, you’ll definitely enjoy both rides and both views.

If a relaxed holiday is your main goal, you may want to reconsider your plans, as getting to the Titlis or Jungfraujoch requires quite a detour between Geneva and Bern. An alternative could be to spend some time in or near Geneva and then travel the Golden Pass route as far as Spiez. On your way, you could get out in Gstaad and visit Glacier 3000, which is a beautiful viewing point too. From Spiez, you can travel directly to your destination Bern.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2015 at 17:42:23 #843499

Thanks a lot for the replies.

So I planned my travelled which is :

Day1: Geneva

Day 2: Geneva to Lucern and Titlis

Day 3: Bern

I just one question: Is it advisable to buy any pass for this itenery? And as my travel day is very close I am not able to buy the passes online, Can I buy it directly at Geneva station?

Annika
    7121 posts
    6 June 2015 at 16:17:44 #843500

Hi NaviK!

I think you should look into a Swiss Half Fare Card. You can make calculations to find out whether this is cheaper than buying regular tickets.

All purchase options for the Swiss Half Fare Card are listed in the Price section. As you can see, ordering online is cheaper than buying your pass once you’re in Switzerland. Shipping takes 2 to 7 days in your case. If you can’t have your pass delivered in time, you will be able to purchase it at the Geneva railway station too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2015 at 4:34:04 #843501

is it possible to do golden pass route from luzern / interlaken to geneva…..what are the suggestions

Annika
    7121 posts
    7 June 2015 at 6:09:39 #843502

Hi KL,

Yes, that’s possible. The Golden Pass line starts in Luzern. Please see the Golden Pass page for route details. If you have further questions, please post them in a new topic, as we are discussing NaviK’s itinerary here. Thanks!

• The thread ‘Jungfrau v/s Mt. Tiltis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.