Jungfraujoch with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 10:44:34 #811546

Hello,

I will be travelling from luzern to jungfrau as a day trip ( I know its too fare but i dont wish to change base every now and then. Will be staying in montreux and then luzern)

1)There is train at 6.am from luzern to interlaken ost. I will be staying at Ibis budget kellerstrasse. Closest bus stop is Brunigstrasse on bus number 4. I checked bus number 4 timetable, it does not show what time it arrives at Brunigstrasse. I want to reach luzern station by 6.05 so what time bus should i take to get to train station. What time bus starts in the morning?. It shows 5.40am in the timetable.

2) with swiss pass i know the journey is free upto Grindelwald/lauterbrunnen. At grindelwald station, will they issue ticket for entire journey upto jungfrau or only till klein scheidegg.

3) Please let me know return fare for adult from grindelwald- klein scheidegg to jungfrau with swiss pass. Checked jungfrau website but couldnt find rates for swiss pass holders.

4)How far is the ticket counter from grindelwald platfrom no 1. Need to rush back to catch train to klein scheidegg . Is it easy to find the ticket counter?

Guys please share your expert advice

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 12:33:41 #862171

Hi Snehap,

1. You can put in the address of the hotel (Kellerstrasse 6, 6005 Luzern) into the SBB timetable here and it will tell you how to get to the Luzern train station (click arrive at 06:05). There are many options for you.
    2. All you need to do is buy a ticket from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch. You can do this the day before if you like. Then there is no need to buy a ticket during the train trip.
    3. You can deduct 25% of the cost that their website shows and you will know the price for you with the Swiss Travel Pass. A PDF of the fares can be found on our Jungfraujoch page here. Click the link at the bottom of the page under more information.
    4. See point 2 above! 🙂

I hope that helps!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 13:43:39 #862172

Please an you help me understand the timetabel. It has 4 types of prices mentioned. Also, where should i look for grindelwald to jungfrau price. It would be great, if you could share detailed explanation as I have seen the timetable earlier as well. Wanted to know the price to prepare our budget.

Also, i wouldn’t be buying ticket one day prior as i dont know how the weather will be next day.Please let me know if i can buy return ticket at grindelwald station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 16:12:36 #862173

Yes certainly!

When you look at the PDF price list you will see on the 3rd price ‘box’ everything is priced from Grindelwald. Then look down to Jungfraujoch and you see the round trip price is 190chf. You can then take 25% off for your cost as a Swiss Travel Pass holder (About 143chf). The 4 prices are one-way and round trip per person and then a slightly lower cost per person in groups of 10 or more.

You can buy tickets at any train station in Switzerland no problem! So whenever is convenient for you. You should have a decent idea of the weather the day before but it doesn’t hurt to wait until the day of travel either 🙂

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 18:18:06 #862174

Thanks in helping me understand the price list.

Under grindelwald, there are three categories

-Jungfraujoch – is this round trip cost. So from grindelwald-klein scheidegg- junfrau then jungrau -klein sch-lauterbrunnen. Can i go via grindelwald and then come via lauterbrunne with this fare.

* Good Morning Ticket – This is valide from what time in the morning

-Jungfraujoch und nach Lauterbrunnen- What does this mean?

->Are you sure return fare for journey i mentioned is 190 chf & discounted price is around 145 chf. While doing some reasearch online , i came across 130 chf price. Please confirm the same.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 6:23:38 #862175
    1. Yes and you can go up from Grindelwald and down to Lauterbrunnen
    2. *noted at the bottom of the fare page – you must depart from Kleine Scheidegg before 08:30 and leave Jungfraujoch by 13:13.
    3. Jungfraujoch and to Lauterbrunnen(apparently 20 rappen (cents) cheaper to return to Lauterbrunnen) haha.

I haven’t seen a 130 chf price – I just go buy the price list from Jungfraujoch. If you find a company/retailer that can give you the same trip for 130chf then go for it, it’ll save you a few dollars which is good in Switzerland! 🙂 But try not to get tied down to a specific date (in case weather is poor).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 9:08:35 #862176

Thank you so much Lucas for answering all my queries . Thanks a ton.

Mentioned below is tentative itinerary. I will be leaving for geneva on 5th May so have couple of days to finalise my itinerary . Please share your suggestion. We are not much into museums but love scenic beauty, stroll along hill top villages.

I want you to suggested atleast 2 cities or places i can visit if i cant make it up the mountain due to bad weather…We have swiss pass so train journey is fine 😉

DAY 1- 5th may- Arrive in geneva and travel to montreux. Evening walk to Lakeside promenade flueuri & statue de freddie mercury .

->Is boat trip in montreux better then lucerne? What discount will i get with the riveria pass? Any website to check boat timetable? What are the short boat ride routes on lake geneva.My swiss pass is for 4 days starting from 6th may to 9th May.

day2- Early morning train from montreux to luzern. Arrive at 1pm. Checkin and relax. Later go to zurich and explore bahnhofstrasse, lindenhof onto old town. Back to luzern

Day 3- Leave around 7am to Mount titlis. 1pm leave from engelberg to bern. Walk through old town, clock tower, bear pit and get back to luzern

4- Trip to jungfrau. If weather is not good. Please suggest alternative sight to visit. we dont mind travelling 2 hours on train.

day 5- Mount pilatus, lake lucerne boat ride, chapel bridge,lion monument, do some chocolate shopping

Day6- Leave for Milan italy

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 15:37:50 #862177

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass I don’t think the Good Morning Ticket is worth the cost – it is virtually the same price in the end and there are no time restrictions with the Swiss Travel Pass.

Looks like a nice itinerary, I have just a few comments below:

From Luzern, two nice cities to visit on day trips (if weather is too poor for a Jungfraujoch visit are Bern and Thun I think.

I’m not sure any one boat trip is better than another – different scenery – but saying that Luzern boat cruisestend to be the more popular from what I have heard.

You can find more information about boat cruises on Lake Geneva and a link to a schedule on our page here. There are a few different boat trips available depending on where you want to board and visit and return.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2017 at 9:37:55 #862178

Hi Lucas,

We are travelling in a group of 6 with 4 adults and 2 kids. I will be buying the Swiss Family Travel Pass. I plan to go to Jungfraugh starting from Wengen and coming down to Grindelwald. You mentioned the round trip cost is around CHF 145. What about kids? Is there a discount for kids on the CHF 145 price?

Thanks

Vishal

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 April 2017 at 13:27:39 #862179

Hi Vishal, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

They will travel for free if you order Swiss Travel Passes for the adults and a free Swiss Family Card for the children. You do not need tickets for the children for the Jungfraujoch trip in this case. Please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price for where to buy the passes. You can print them at home.

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.