Jungfraujoch queries – snow park, hut etc

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 9:46:32 #811515

we are planning to go to jungfraujoch on 7th June.

i have read that snow park fees are not included in the train tickets. i have the following questions:

1- what is the price for snow park entry?

2- what all activities are included in the same? are all activities included in the snow park entry ticket?

3- from where we can buy the entry ticket?

4- Which other activities can be done other than snow park and what are the prices?

5- Can we eat our own food at the top? or the restaurant object to the same? If we can eat then where is it suitable to eat?

6- how is the monchsjoch trail? how long does it take to reach the monchsjoch hut?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 12:15:06 #862020

Hi Dharmesh5,

1. No pass required – just the cost of any rentals you decide on when you are there.
    2. Here is the web page for the snow park on Jungfraujoch.
    3. See point #1 – no extra pass required
    4. See web page on #2
    5. Yes, you can certainly take your food up with you. I don’t believe there are designated areas for people to eat a packed lunch – I’m sure whereever you find to sit will be ok – perhaps not in the restaurant!
    6. It is about a one hour hike (only attempted in good weather) see more information here.

Also have a read through our Jungfraujoch page for more details on the area.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 8:14:49 #862021

Thanks a lot Lucas for your replies.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 8:20:09 #862022

I did some further research on my above questions. Following are the details i got, the same will be useful to others:

1) Tyrolienne (1 flight) CHF 20 adults CHF 15 children ;

Ski- and Snowboarding CHF 35 adults, CHF 25 children ;

sleddingpark CHF 15 adults CHF 10 children ;

a one day pass for skiing, snowboarding and sledding is CHF 45 adult CHF 25 children

If you dont want to experience any skiing or snowboarding then you just get the tickets for the sleddingpark for CHF 15 per person. The fee is for the whole day. But usually people don’t stay much longer than an hour or two, that is same cost. If it is very busy and crowdy, sometimes there can be a waiting line for the tubes…

2) As above

3) The entry ticket you can buy outside at the glacier, right at the info desk at the snow fun park, which is only open if good weather, from around 10 am to 4 pm.

4) There are no other activities, but attractions to visit, like Ice Palace, Sphinx Terrace, Alpine Sensation Tunnel, the Plateau, Lindt Chocolate Heaven exhibition – there attractions are all free of charge

5) There is a small area right next to the cafeteria where you can picknick and eat your own food, but there are no tables there and you have stand or sit down on the ground. We have 3 restaurants at the top : Crystal Restaurant, where you get served, then a self-service restaurant and an Indian restaurant with buffet

6) The hike to the Mönchsjoch hut takes around 50 minutes to get there and around 35 minutes back. It is a trail on snow, you need good shoes to do this hike and at the hut you have to climb up on a snowy/icy stair the last steps. The hike to Mönchsjochhut is possible for everyone, but, it is on 3500 metres above sea level, and on snow. People who are not used to hike up in to the mountains maybe get tired quick and the air is thin. They can try and if they get to tired they can stop the hike and turn around.

In case there is any additional detail then plz add..

Dharmesh

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 12:09:53 #862023

Thanks Dharmesh!

Very useful information for everyone!

Lucas

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch queries – snow park, hut etc’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.