Jungfraujoch ticket if we have Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2015 at 6:49:35 #807916

Hi,

We are three adults (out of three, one is 60 above) and want to go to Jungfraouch. We have swiss travel pass. I know, to Jungfraouch, we have to reach Kleine Schedegg either via Lauterbrunne/Wengan or Grindelwald (till here we will be travelling free due to swiss pass – correct me if i am wrong). From Kleine Schedegg we have to purchase tickets to reach Jungfraoch and come back to Kleine Schedegg (correct me if i am wrong).From Kleine Schedegg to go back to our destination is free.

I also know we are entitled to avail 25% off on return ticket to Kleine Schedegg – Jungfraoch – Kleine Schededd.

Can you please confirm – how much a ticket will charge after discount ? plus how much time we can spend at Jungfraouch. i tried to locate the prices at the site but it is confusing and no where i can see the available option for swiss travel pass discount.

Looking forward.

Gunjan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    10 September 2015 at 13:59:02 #846066

Hello singhvigunja,

The Swiss Travel Pass indeed covers traveling as far as Wengen and Grindelwald. You don’t need any ticket for these legs. Between those towns and the Jungfraujoch, you need a 25% discounted ticket. You can find regular prices following the link under “More information” at http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets. On the Jungfraujoch website, you can select fares from Grindelwald and Wengen. 75% of these regular fares will be the price you’ll pay.

Alternatively, you can find regular fares using the timetable. Just enter your trip, click “Fare/Buy” and choose “No reduction” to get the full fares. Again, take 75% of these fares between Wengen/Grindelwald and the Jungraujoch. Make sure to use the right spelling in the timetable, otherwise it won’t be able to recognize the names (e.g.: Jungfraujoch, Wengen, Kleine Scheidegg).

You’d generally spend 2 to 3 hours at the Jungfraujoch, but that’s just an average. More information on this excursion can be found at http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch.

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch ticket if we have Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.