Jungfraw on 13th Sep – bad weather

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2015 at 6:19:39 #807926

Hi all

Currently I’m traveling from Lucerne to Interlaken by train. I will reach Interlaken by 10AM. Weather prediction in interlaken is raining and weather prediction for jungfraw is foggy. Please let me know if it is advisable to plan for jungfraw trip today. Quick response is appreciated

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 September 2015 at 7:54:49 #846095

Hi Sriram,

Today is not suitable for a Jungfraujoch visit. You won’t see anything on the top. You could go as far as Kleine Scheidegg and hope for some nice views, but personally I would focus on Lucerne. Visit a museum, and perhaps do a boat trip if it clears up a bit.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2015 at 8:02:08 #846096

I already reached Interlaken. Can you suggest me some plan for today till tomorrow 3pm

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 September 2015 at 9:28:09 #846097

Sure! You can find bad weather suggestions on myswissalps.com/ interlaken.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2015 at 10:47:17 #846098

Hi Arno,

I’m planning to go to Wengen or Grindelwald by train tomorrow morning and see if weather is good. If yes I will travel to Jungfraw from there. But in case if weather is not good, I need a back up option. So, please suggest if traveling to Wengen is best or Grindelwald

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 September 2015 at 11:32:27 #846099

Hi Sriram,

Both Wengen and Grindelwald are small towns where people mainly focus on outdoor activities. Grindelwald might be slightly better as it’s lower (so perhaps less foggy) and there are a few indoor activities as you can see on the Grindelwald page.

• The thread ‘Jungfraw on 13th Sep – bad weather’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.