Jungfrau and Lauterbrunnen visit from Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2017 at 9:27:35 #812248

I will be travelling from Zurich to my hotel in lauterbrunnen. Is it possible to cover Jungfrau on the same day after check in.How much time does it take? Also what would be the best way to reach Jungfrau from lauterbrunen and back?

Will travel to Jungfrau be covered by swiss travel pass?

I would be staying in lauterbrunnen for 2 days. What all I can cover ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 6:19:05 #865057

Hi Ashima,

You can find train schedules on the timetable here. If you got a very early start to your day it would be possible if you want to.

You can read more about Jungfraujoch here, and the route to get there here.

The trip up to Grindelwald or Wengen is free with the Swiss Travel Pass, the rest of the trip is discounted by 25% – read more here about what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

For ideas on what to do in Lauterbrunnen click here – post your ideas of what you want to do and we can let you know more about timing – be sure to use the timetable linked above as well.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 20:08:07 #865058

I see that there is a discount from Wengen or Grindelwald but since we are staying in Lauterbrunnen could not find any info on train from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfrau. Will it be discounted ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2017 at 15:53:21 #865059

>> I see that there is a discount from Wengen or Grindelwald but since we are staying in Lauterbrunnen could not find any info on train from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfrau. Will it be discounted ?

Travelling from Lauterbrunnen to the Jungfraujoch, you pass through Wengen. Lauterbrunnen to Wengen is free with the Swiss Travel Pass. Wengen to the Jungfraujoch is discounted by 25%.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Jungfrau and Lauterbrunnen visit from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.