Junior card: parent required or is any adult fine?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2016 at 14:15:57 #809141

Hi, I am travelling with a group to Switzerland in July. We have 5 adults and 5 girls aged 15 or under.

The Berner Oberland Pass gives a price of c.£84.00 for age 6-15 years – but the Junior Card is c.£26 for a child 6-15 travelling with one or more parents.

Does this have to be a parent or can it be a full-price-paying adult ?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    8 May 2016 at 18:51:20 #851727

Thanks for joining us, Angmum!

The Junior Travelcards you’re referring to are only meant for children traveling with their own parents, and passports may be checked by train conductors. For children that aren’t your own, you can buy a discounted Regional-Pass for a fixed rate of only CHF 30. I’m not sure where you found the GBP 84 price, but I don’t think that applies to your situation. Please find information on resellers and fares here.

• The thread ‘Junior card: parent required or is any adult fine?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.