Junior Travelcard for non-rail pass days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2016 at 16:45:01 #809373

We bought Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days, however, I would like to know if it is beneficial for us to buy a Junior Travelcard for my 2 kids, ages 7 and 13 for our 5th day in Switzerland? Me and my daughter will be taking the train from Interlaken to Murten then in the evening from Murten to Basel Airport, while my husband and son will be traveling from interlaken to Basel airport on our fifth day. If me and my husband can obtain the super saver ticket for the journeys I mention, would we be able to use the Junior pass for each of my kids? Where to we buy it? Website said to buy it at the train station, is that our only option? Do they run out? Thank you in advance.

Claire

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    6 June 2016 at 17:34:50 #852678

Hi Claire,

The Junior travelcard can be purchased at Swiss rail stations; I don’t know of any other way. But it would not be worth it for just one day. You’d better consider the 1-day travelpass for children, which costs only CHF 16. Please see myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/ discounts.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2016 at 6:05:17 #852679

Annika,

Where can I buy the 1-day travelpass for kids? The SBB site only has the 3 day minimum option. Do they run out if I wait to buy it at the station once we get there? Thank you again for all the useful info.

Claire

Arno
    15482 posts
    7 June 2016 at 8:32:10 #852680

Hi Claire,

You can buy it at the station. They sell single day passes too and they won’t sell out.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2016 at 10:42:53 #852681

How about for the adults? Do they have 1-day travelpass for adults and could we also buy it at the station? How much does it cost? Thanks.

Arno
    15482 posts
    7 June 2016 at 10:57:16 #852682

There is only a 1-day pass for adults if you have a Swiss Half Fare Card. But you’d have to travel a lot for it to be worth the money. In many cases the discounted tickets you can get with a Swiss Half Fare Card are the better option: myswissalps.com/ swisshalffarecard/ details.

• The thread ‘Junior Travelcard for non-rail pass days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.