Kindly suggest some tips on my itinerary to switz

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 December 2014 at 7:21:41 #806765

Hi everyone,

I am planning to visit Switzerland on March 26th,2015 for 6 days. I am traveling with my husband and kid(6yrs old). (will take swiz family pass for 5 days).

Day 1 – We will reach at 12pm in zurich by train after our trip from paris. On that day we will do some siteseeing (near train station) in zurich and then take a train to lucerne at 3pm, after checkin hotel, planning see Dying Lion and Chapel Bridge is it possible?(both the places are within one km from our hotel) [stay in lucerne]

Day 2 – Morning we will do a trip to mt.titlis. afternoon comback to lucerne and take a boat ride in the lake, also see other sideseeing in lucerne, transport museum and ?? if any other please suggest. Evening take a train to interlaken or lauterbrunnen and checkin hotel. [stay in interlaken/lauterbrunnen]

Day 3 – morning visit bern, bernese oberland, trummelbach falls and Rhinefalls (possible?) [stay in interlaken/lauterbrunnen]

Day 4 – Jungfraujoch , and lake thun. evening take a train to Montreux (checkin hotel) [stay in Montreux]

Day 5 – morning visit Chateau de Chillon and chocolate factory any other suggestion here? [stay in Montreux]

Day 6 – morning train to geneva, visit few attraction like lake geneva and things near to train station and at night leave to venice,italy

Kindly suggest on my itinerary if its okay or am I rushing too much. Please tell me if I can add something to this or should i cut down something?

Thanks in advance.
    Kind Regards,
    Tamia.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    16 December 2014 at 7:18:18 #841421

Hi Tamia,

Day 2 is too full as the transport museum takes at least half a day or even a day. It’s great for children! See the Lucerne page for other suggestions please.

Day 3: The Rhine Falls are not near Lauterbrunnen, so you’d better skip them. The Trümmelbach Falls will not open until early April. You can either spend the full day in Bern, or combine it with a visit to Thun or a boat ride from Thun to Interlaken.

Day 4: for a scenic trip, be sure to travel to Montreux by daylight (before 7 PM) via the Golden Pass line.

I’m not sure which rail pass you intend to purchase, as a “5 day family pass” does not exist. I assume you will get a Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex and a free Swiss Family Card? Please see the links for information and prices.

Hopefully this helps with your further planning. Have a great time!

Annika
    7104 posts
    23 December 2014 at 15:54:07 #841422

Did this help you out Tamia? If not, just let me know.

• The thread ‘Kindly suggest some tips on my itinerary to switz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.