• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2012 at 20:21:33 #805367

Hello,
    I need help on the below matters..
    Is there a direct train from Wengen to Kleine Scheidegg
    or from Launterbrunnen to Kleine Scheidegg? I could not seem to find on sbb
    I’m confuse with the route given on Jungfrau web Kleine Scheidegg via Lauterbrunnen o. Grindelwald
    Isn’t that suppose to cover train from Interlaken Ost – Launterbrunnen – Wengen – Kleine Scheidegg – Grindelwald and back to Interlaken Ost?
    Just to reconfirm again, if i purchase ticket from Interlaken Ost to Murren,
    i can hop on and off the train in between the station to Murren for free right?
    rgds
    nasha

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    15 June 2012 at 9:07:37 #836429

Hi nahsa! Yes, there are direct trains. They should be displayed in the SBB timetable, but if that doesn’t work they’re listed at the Jungfrau railways website too. There are two routes from Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg: one via Grindelwald and one Lauterbrunnen. You can get to Kleine Scheidgg/the Jungfraujoch and back via the same route, but it’s nicer to make a detour (get up via Wengen and return via Grindelwald for example) to experience both.

Yes, you can get on and off board with your ticket from Interlaken to Mürren, as long as you complete your trip within one day.

• The thread ‘Kleine Scheidegg via Lauterbrunnen o. Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.