Buying the Lake Geneva Regional Pass online

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2017 at 10:38:19 #811840

Hi all,

I am heading to the Lake Geneva region on Thursday (18th May-21st May) and was looking to get a Lake Geneva regional pass before arrival. I arrive into Geneva airport in the evening.

I’ve looked on the Swissrailways site and the earliest I can purchase a ticket for is the 19th May. Is there a restirction on this ticket meaning I cannot buy one starting for the 18th May as I have waited too long? I’ve also had a look on the SBB site and cannot seem to find this pass as an option.

Am I able to get this at the airport on arrival/will the manned windows be closed? I don’t want to run the risk of not getting a pass at all. Basically what are my options to get a Lake Geneva Regional pass to start on the 18th?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 May 2017 at 18:32:21 #863397

Hi James, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, I’m afraid you’ve waited too long to order the Regional Pass Lake Geneva – Alps online. Order processing takes a bit of time, hence the date limitation.

If you stay in Geneva the first night you won’t need the pass until the 19th. In this case you can order it today through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/regionalal pspass and have it delivered to your hotel. Transportation within Geneva is free for hotel guests.

You can’t get the pass from the ticketing machines. The staffed service desk at the airport train station is open until 8:15 PM. They can sell you one.

• The thread ‘Buying the Lake Geneva Regional Pass online’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.