Lake Thun timetable mid December

Lake Thun timetable mid December

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Buttercarp
Buttercarp
4 posts
Oct 24, 2016 - 11:35 AM

Hi, this will be my very first time in Switzerland. I will be arriving from Bern to Interlaken in mid Dec and would like to cruise down Lake Thun. May I know how many boat trips are there in a day during winter?

I have tried using the website provided in other threads www.myswissalps.com/ti metable but I can't find any trip on a boat.

Do I select Interlaken west to Thun as the boarding and alighting stops?

Thanks.

Arno
Arno
9360 posts
expert &
Oct 24, 2016 - 12:34 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps Buttercarp!

Interlaken West and Thun are indeed the correct locations. Here's the trick: once the timetable displays connections (the fastest ones by default, so no boat), click to the "Advanced search" and deselect all modes of transport except ship. Also see the "Advanced options" section on the timetable page you mentioned. Alternatively there's a dedicated boat timetable through the link you can find on myswissalps.com/ boatlakethun.

Enjoy the trip!

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3488 posts
expert
Oct 25, 2016 - 7:35 AM in reply to Buttercarp

There is very limited service on Lake Thun (der Thunersee) during December. There is none on the Brienzersee (Lake Brienz).

Please check the website)(s) as described by Arno.

Slowpoke

Last modified on Oct 25, 2016 - 7:35 AM by Slowpoke

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017