Lake Thun timetable mid December

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2016 at 11:35:23 #810278

Hi, this will be my very first time in Switzerland. I will be arriving from Bern to Interlaken in mid Dec and would like to cruise down Lake Thun. May I know how many boat trips are there in a day during winter?

I have tried using the website provided in other threads http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable but I can’t find any trip on a boat.

Do I select Interlaken west to Thun as the boarding and alighting stops?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 October 2016 at 12:34:54 #856760

Welcome to MySwissAlps Buttercarp!

Interlaken West and Thun are indeed the correct locations. Here’s the trick: once the timetable displays connections (the fastest ones by default, so no boat), click to the “Advanced search” and deselect all modes of transport except ship. Also see the “Advanced options” section on the timetable page you mentioned. Alternatively there’s a dedicated boat timetable through the link you can find on myswissalps.com/ boatlakethun.

Enjoy the trip!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 October 2016 at 7:35:01 #856761

There is very limited service on Lake Thun (der Thunersee) during December. There is none on the Brienzersee (Lake Brienz).

Please check the website)(s) as described by Arno.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Lake Thun timetable mid December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.