Last day in Lucern – Mt. Rigi by boat or by car?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2017 at 6:04:38 #812795

hi today is my last day in lucern. I have done titlis , top of the europe and city tour. For today should I do 1 hr lake tour and then go for mount rigi using my car or should I use boat only for rigi? And if I am going by boat then do I need to take a lake tour sepreately or the way to vitznau is equally beautiful? And if I am going to car for rigi then what should be my rout? And which one should I combine with lake tour, rigi or pilatus? Please advise as its my last day here and tomorrow I will go to zurich

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2017 at 6:33:51 #867659

Hi Alokalok,

The boat trip to Vitznau is about 1 hour and is also quite nice, so I wouldn’t think you need two boat trips on Lake Luzern.

I would travel by boat and cogwheel train up to Mt. Rigi , and then down by cable car and not drive. There are two round trip options listed here: getting to Mt. Rigi. Enjoy your last day in Luzern!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2017 at 6:47:36 #867660

Thanks for the info 😊

• The thread ‘Last day in Lucern – Mt. Rigi by boat or by car?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.