Last minute advice for 4 days Switzerland!

Last minute advice for 4 days Switzerland!

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
NickB7581
NickB7581
1 post
Aug 12, 2016 - 3:58 AM

Hi,

Was hoping to get a bit of advice about an upcoming 4 day/3 night trip to Switzerland next week. My setting off point is Geneva (not particularly interested in staying there or exploring since have been before) and will be flying out of Basel in the late afternoon of the 4th day.

As a general idea, I was thinking of setting off to Interlaken or Lausanne on the 1st day. Possibly staying for 2 nights, then travelling up to Basel on the 3rd day and staying one night to catch the flight the next day. Or maybe Berne could be fit in there somewhere?

I've seen lots of information about the Swiss Travel Pass, and wondered if you think it'd be worth my while getting one? They seem relatively expensive however, and would like to try and save money where I can.

I dont really have solid plans as yet and still need to book accommodation, so am open to any suggestions!

Ay help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick.

Arno
Arno
7713 posts
expert &
Aug 12, 2016 - 9:23 AM

Hi Nick,

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps. Lausanne, Montreux, Interlaken (or a nearby town like Grindelwald) will all work fine for a couple of days. Interlaken can be reached via the scenic Golden Pass route. Please find details here:

Whether you need a pass depends on your exact plans. Please have a look at myswissalps.com/ train/ticketspasses once you have a fixed itinerary. Regular tickets are unlikely to be your cheapest option if you plan to travel by cableways, mountain trains, etc. Which is recommended for the best views and to actually see the Alps up close. Some passes can be printed at home, which would save time upon arrival. Count on 1-3 business days to get a pass e-mailed to you.

Last modified on Aug 12, 2016 - 9:24 AM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016