Last minute advice for 4 days Switzerland!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2016 at 3:58:08 #809857

Hi,

Was hoping to get a bit of advice about an upcoming 4 day/3 night trip to Switzerland next week. My setting off point is Geneva (not particularly interested in staying there or exploring since have been before) and will be flying out of Basel in the late afternoon of the 4th day.

As a general idea, I was thinking of setting off to Interlaken or Lausanne on the 1st day. Possibly staying for 2 nights, then travelling up to Basel on the 3rd day and staying one night to catch the flight the next day. Or maybe Berne could be fit in there somewhere?

I’ve seen lots of information about the Swiss Travel Pass, and wondered if you think it’d be worth my while getting one? They seem relatively expensive however, and would like to try and save money where I can.

I dont really have solid plans as yet and still need to book accommodation, so am open to any suggestions!

Ay help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    12 August 2016 at 9:23:29 #855005

Hi Nick,

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps. Lausanne, Montreux, Interlaken (or a nearby town like Grindelwald) will all work fine for a couple of days. Interlaken can be reached via the scenic Golden Pass route. Please find details here:

Whether you need a pass depends on your exact plans. Please have a look at myswissalps.com/ train/ticketspasses once you have a fixed itinerary. Regular tickets are unlikely to be your cheapest option if you plan to travel by cableways, mountain trains, etc. Which is recommended for the best views and to actually see the Alps up close. Some passes can be printed at home, which would save time upon arrival. Count on 1-3 business days to get a pass e-mailed to you.

• The thread ‘Last minute advice for 4 days Switzerland!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.