Last minute hotels in Bernese Oberland, early Sept

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2016 at 15:12:01 #809998

Good day. My wife and I will be coming from Texas USA to the Bernese Oberland September 3rd thru the 7th. I have booked a room in Gimmewald at the Mountain Hostel for the first two nights. I’m thinking we will want to move to a more traditional hotel in the region for the remainder of our stay. Too many choices online ! Does anyone know if we will be ok to just choose a place when we get there? I really want to get a feel for the area before I book anything. SO EXCITED to visit !!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 August 2016 at 18:36:13 #855555

Hi Greghokanson,

I always book in advance myself as many hotels allow cancellation until 24 hours before arrival or so. I am picky when it comes to location and facilities. But, I think your approach should work in September. July and August would be more risky. Just be aware that booking late means a more limited room choice in any season. The cheaper rooms may be booked. The rooms with the best views may be booked. Some hotels might be fully booked. All of that is possible, but finding a room somewhere in the area won’t be a problem.

Here’s a good site to find available rooms and compare room rates: http://www.hotelscombined.com /Place/Jungfrau.htm.

• The thread ‘Last minute hotels in Bernese Oberland, early Sept’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.