Late May early June Visit

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2013 at 5:17:59 #805982

Hello everyone
    In the final countdown to our third visit to Switzerland in 4 years. We all have been counting the months and now days to our May 23 departure. I have been spending a copious amount of time this past winter researching some new and interesting things to do this time out.. Knowing the time of year and how things in the mountains can be my question is this. We are planning on seeing Gelmersee the Trift Bridge and Grimselpass for some hiking.. Also Kanderstagg for Oeschinin and perhaps Gemmipass My question is this. Are any or all of these open late may Early june?
    Thanks very much

Dave
    11 days and counting

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    606 posts
    12 May 2013 at 13:09:14 #838628

Hi Dave,

Lucky you!

Oeschinensee lifts begin running from 11 May. See http://www.oeschinensee.ch/english/summer/scheduleprices.html
    Kandersteg (note the spelling) is always open, it is a rather large village with a good-sized train station.
    Don’t know about the others, try googling

• The thread ‘Late May early June Visit’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.