Lauterbrunnen highlights

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2011 at 23:48:16 #804299

we are staying in lauterbrunnen for 6 days and would like advice on the highlights and things to do over 6 days.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7094 posts
    13 May 2011 at 3:11:17 #832854

Hi roblan! Some personal favorites:

– the cog railway up to Schynige Platte from Wilderswil. The train ride is an experience in itself, and the views are wonderful. You can do some hiking up there and you may combine this with a boat ride over lake Thun or lake Brienz in the afternoon. There’s a cog train leaving from Brienz as well. This is wonderful too, but takes a bit more traveling time from Lauterbrunnen;
    – the Schilthorn and/or Jungfraujoch. Both can be combined with easy hikes, such as Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg, Grütschalp-Mürren or Lauterbrunnen-Stechelberg;
    – a round trip by train and cable car, and/or a post bus tour, such as Meiringen-Grosse Scheidegg-Grindelwald;
    – for bad weather days, consider the Trümmelbach falls in the Lauterbrunnen valley, the Aare gorge near Meiringen and the Beatus caves at Beatenberg.

Please review the day trip overview and hiking tips for further ideas.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2011 at 18:55:31 #832855

I think the itenary set out in the reply is perfect, I wish you a wonderful holiday and I’m sure this will be only the first after seeing the breathtaking sights.
    If you visit Grindlewald and need a bite to eat call in at the cafe next to the bakery shop,
    superb soup and the bakery attached sells beautiful cakes.I wish I was going with you,.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2011 at 19:16:15 #832856

I forgot to mention we stayed 15 days in Lauterbrunnen and it’s not long enough.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2011 at 0:51:50 #832857

when are you going?
    There are folk festivals with Alphoerner, yodeling,Trachten and such in this Region at certain times during the summer.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2011 at 1:22:10 #832858

[quote]alpenrose said: when are you going?
    There are folk festivals with Alphoerner, yodeling,Trachten and such in this Region at certain times during the summer.[/quote]

thank youy very much for your reply. do you have any idea where i can find out where these festivals are and when?

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 May 2011 at 1:50:10 #832859

Hi roblan,

There’s a list of events on myjungfrau.ch.

• The thread ‘Lauterbrunnen highlights’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10620 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.