Lauterbrunnen-Lucerne-Mt Pilatus in one day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 1:27:35 #811742

Hi,

I shall be travelling to Switzerland next week. I would like to know if it is possible to go to Lucerne from Lauterbrunnen and back to Lauterbrunnen by late evening. I already have done a lot of sight seeing in Lucerne about a few years back. I will be having the Swiss travel pass which says Mt. Pilatus is free for pass holders. I will be staying at Lauterbrunnen for 6 nights and was wondering if I could do this trip?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 5:12:42 #863033

Hi, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> I shall be travelling to Switzerland next week. I would like to know if it is possible to go to Lucerne from Lauterbrunnen and back to Lauterbrunnen by late evening. I already have done a lot of sight seeing in Lucerne about a few years back. I will be having the Swiss travel pass which says Mt. Pilatus is free for pass holders.

Yes, it’s possible if you don’t mind a very long day. Travel time each way to Pilatus Kulm will be 3 to 4 hours, depending on whether you travel via Alpnachstad or Kriens (or both).

Before you go, check the Pilatus webcam to see if the views are cloud-free and what facilities are open. However, given the travel time to get there, the clouds could descend by the time you arrive unfortunately! They might have a screen showing the webcam view at the valley stations though.

http://www.pilatus.ch/en/open -facilities/

You can plan your trip using the SBB timetable:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 8:39:40 #863034

Thanks so much Arno and Annika. Will surely plan to go to Mt. Pilatus. I have been to Jungfrau and Titlis many years back ,so we decided on Schilthorn and since Pilatus is free for swiss pass holders I wanted to give it a try.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 10:15:08 #863035

Hi sheens1976,

Not that Arno and Annika aren’t normally quite helpful and deserve our thanks… but it was Alpenrose that helped you 😉

Lucas

• The thread ‘Lauterbrunnen-Lucerne-Mt Pilatus in one day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.